An elegant solution to wavelength division multiplexing, splitting, and fiber management
Champion ONE’s Dense Shelf and Passive Filter Modules enable users to maximize their network by efficiently adding wave division multiplexing (WDM) to their network or retooling their existing infrastructure to reclaim valuable rack space. Designed to accommodate both Course Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) mux/ demuxes and OADMs (Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers), this patented solution is one of the densest in the industry. Whether for telecom, datacom, or enterprise networks, the simplicity of design will facilitate network expansion creating new revenue-generating opportunities while making installation a breeze.
Why is the best solution available?
Rack space is real estate. The Dense Shelf in combination with the Passive Filter Modules is one of the densest solutions in the industry. Standing at just 1RU tall it packs up to 192 fiber connections into this elegant package! That’s more than any other competing brand supporting mux/ demux and OADM passive filters (CWDM and DWDM). Champion ONE’s product development engineers and designers have worked tirelessly to create a simplified design packed with a mountain of benefits.
The Dense Shelf is engineered to be both simple and elegant. Designed with the field engineer in mind, no detail has been overlooked.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Supports up to 8 high-density Passive Filter Modules (PFM) in 1 RU
- Each PFM supports up to 24 LC connectors for a total of 192 connectors per 1 RU, or 12 SC connectors for a total of 96 connectors per 1 RU
- PFMs feature a patented stair-step design for ease of labeling, identification, insertion, and removal of fibers
- PFMs are fully configurable to support mux/demux and OADMs (CWDM and DWDM filters) in dual or single fiber with or without monitor ports, pass band ports, or express ports, as well as configured with mux and demuxes separately or as a pair
- Multiple bracket mounting options provided for front, mid, and rear rail configurations
- Designed to be compatible with LGX style racks as well as adjustable rail systems
- Deep tray with slide out drawer provides full front access to fibers, cables, and modules
- The slide-out drawer includes ball bearing rails to enable effortless access to the modules for installation and maintenance
- The drawer features an easy to follow fiber routing guide with specified fiber lengths
- Innovative cable management allows for “east or west” fiber routing and proper slack management, routing, and movement of the collected fiber bundle
- The specially designed spooling system ensures all required bend radii are maintained
- The Dense Shelf is factory configured for east or west fiber routing and can be field configured as well
- Mounts to standard 19” or 23” racks with reversible rack ‘ears’ (provided)
Dense Shelf and Passive Module System